Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Laundry and Dishes: Will they ever be done?

The answer to the above is: no.

Other than the clothes on our backs, last Friday all the clothes in the house were clean. You think I'd be used to it by now, but I'm not, and I was SHOCKED that our hamper was overflowing by Monday! Though I've never counted, I think I do about 6 loads a week! Granted winter clothes are bulkier, but parents out there expecting twins, I say invest in a nice washer and dryer. As long as there are no 'pee throughs' at night, we generally get away with having the girls wear their jammies a few nights before washer, but there is no way with daytime clothes, they are just too messy! We fortunately bought a great front-loader set about a year ago and it definitely was worth the money! It's funny as you turn into an adult you get excited about boring things...as a kid, all you ever wanted was toys, but when that washer and dryer was new, I was so excited that I brought everyone who came over into my basement to see them! haha.

I was also thrilled when the girls started eating all 'people' food instead of baby food because it is cheaper and easier to put it on their plate and not feed them! Plus, I am finally learning how to cook and CA and I are eating healthier! The downside? Other than the horrible smelling diapers, making 'good meals' certainly takes a lot more dishes than frozen pizza and TV dinners! Another tip-if you don't have a dishwasher, get one! (Unless you love doing dishes, and if so, you're weird!) I think I run mine everyday and yet I still have too many dishes to fit in one load most of time!

So, I think I'll end this post...I have to go switch laundry! (Seriously!)

2 comments:

  1. haha. Have been enjoying your blog. Love your attitude even about un-fun stuff like laundry and dishes. How neat that the girls are really geting into the walking! The Lego table sounds like fun--can I play too??!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, I geeked out over my vacuum cleaner five years ago.

    ReplyDelete