Sunday, January 10, 2010

Bringing twins to the jewlery store

So my twins cannot walk yet (though crawling all over and pull themselves to stand on everything) but even if they could, its not like I could depend on them to walk into a store or of course follow any direction in a store that I give them. (Which I should know, they are only 14 months old after all!)
I am a primarily a stay-at-home-mom which means if I need to run an errand during the day, the girls come with me, whether it be grocery store, chiropractor, or jewelry store (which really never happens, except this once.) I went to the jewelry store a week or so ago, because my mom bought me a charm bracelet and I needed to exchange it for a smaller size. I parked right in front, and thinking, "I'm only going to run in for a minute" I decided I could just carry them both in and leave my stroller (which is a pain to get in and out of stores-especially ones without handicapped doors-and to maneuver in smaller stores) in the car. BIG MISTAKE. It was packed in there so of course I had to wait. I had some books for the girls to look at but they were not interested. I can't hold both of them for long periods of time, to heavy, so they're on the floor, both crawling in separate directions....is it really 1000 degrees in this store? I'm chasing after them, being 'that mom' who is yelling at their kids in the store (like they know what I'm saying!) and trying to guide one by the arm because I'm already holding the other one. And hoping they don't get to far away that someone will walk away with one of them! Finally a clerk is free, and someone else goes up to her....OH NO! I politely, or not politely, explain, "I was here first", get the help I need, all while EG and SK are still crawling in separate directions, and hightail it out of there (more like a turtle crawl considering I have to get all the contents back into my purse, grab my coat I ditched and attempt to pick up both girls from the floor).
Moral of the story, I will never go anywhere by myself without my stroller again! (at least for the next year!)

1 comment:

  1. Haha, J is 19 months old and still doesn't listen in the store. Except he RUNS away if something looks interesting. :)

    ReplyDelete